Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Smarter the phone, dumber the person

"Smarter the phone, dumber the person" That is the statement that a person said when I was boasting about my new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 when I bought it. At that time I did not give that statement much thought, but now I realise that there is some truth to that statement. (I need some cookie points for this :D) I'M NOT SAYING THAT I'M GETTING DUMBER because all of you know that I am an awesome individual ;). But I have to agree that, there is some truth in this statement.

Most of the time we use your phones to navigate through social networks. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as examples. It's the case with many Asians. I travel regularly to Malaysia and Thailand and they are social network zombies just like Srilankans. BTW I travel to Thailand as a good boy okkkkkkkk.... (just to keep the record straight) most phones advertise themselves with features such as facebook integration and loads of other social networkings features. Have you ever asked yourselves why we have become such zombies and waste our productive time on social networking. Do not get me wrong, we need social networking to communicate with the outside world but we need to strike a balance. That is my opinion.

The biggest worry for me is how smart phones helps you to screw up your grammar. Trust me on this. Yesterday I sent a text message and when the recipient replied saying "what do you mean?" I checked what I typed. I was like what the "duck" did I type. (I try to be as responsible as possible for my under age readers) Auto correct  does not auto correct in my opinion. After yesterday I try my best to type every single sentence and refrain from using auto correct in a desperate attempt to save my writing skills.

If you still think that this post is a utter waste of time (which is not :P)and you think that you could has used the time that took you to read this to play barn buddy on facebook, I want you to do this test. Close your eyes for 2 minutes and try to enjoy all your other senses. It may sound a bit kinky but try out and FEEL the difference. It's the same with your phone. While you are checking out a stupid meme a hot chick with red lipstick might pass you by wearing a bikini. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW. Crazier things have happened.

Just find the balance between you smartphone and life. Your greatest experiences happen when you live your life in the real world, not on your smartphone. I'm trying my best to find that balance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ZrK2NryuQ

Live life!

Don't die wondering!!

2 comments:

  1. i see a lot of quotes by me! ;) just saying! :P haha

    ReplyDelete